Sunday, November 23, 2014

Day 6 blogging challenge

Today was the last home game at ASU and on top of whipping the other team, guest appearance for the Fray after the game.  So many different memories and feelings are attached to their song, "you found me."  I remember when this song brought me to tears the first time I heard it, back when life seemed so broken and I was so lost, and had no idea who I was.  The line, "why'd you have to wait to find me" reminds me of the loved ones I've had who have been abandoned and broken by the world, the people I've seen come to God because they hit rock bottom.  It is amazing to me that something as simple as a song, a conglomeration of chords and lyrics, could hold so much truth and inflict so many emotions to surface.  Music is food for the soul, we feel so satisfied when we can relate to a song, and I think it is because we find comfort knowing other people have felt as low as we have, have felt lost and afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment